For a few months of the year, we’re encouraged to put on our cozy clothes, snuggle up with a blanket, and spend quality time with our loved ones. That must be why they call it the most wonderful time of the year. What better way to relish in the season than with some hot chocolate? Or better yet, cannabis-infused hot chocolate on a stick.
Stir it in your milk of choice, or take a few bites out of it; this cannabis-infused hot chocolate on a stick recipe is the perfect cherry on top of your cozy winter evening.
As much as we wish we could dip chocolate into our cannabis flower and call it hot chocolate, there’s a bit more that goes into it. However, these yummy delights are pretty easy to make if you’re prepared.
Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s talk about the key to this recipe: making your own cannaoil.
How to make cannaoil
Similar to making your own cannabutter, cannaoil is something you can master just by following a few simple instructions. The most important step in making your oil a success is decarbing your cannabis.
Decarbing is when you heat up your cannabis enough to activate the THC in it. Grind up your weed, throw it on a baking sheet and plop it on the oven. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to decarb your weed.
Once you decarb your weed, you’ll need the following:
- 1 ¼ cups of coconut oil,
- ½ ounce of your decarbed weed
- Mason jar
- Fill a mason jar with 1 ¼ cups of coconut oil (or your preferred oil).
- Add ½ ounce of your already decarbed weed into the mason jar.
- Place the mason jar in the middle of your crockpot, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Once out of the crock pot, strain your oil through a cheesecloth and collect the oil in an airtight container.
Boom. Yes, chef. You just made cannaoil. You’re ready to make cannabis-infused hot chocolate on a stick.
Cannabis-Infused Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- 12 Popsicle Sticks
- 1 Cupcake Tin
- 1/2 tsp cannaoil (prep beforehand)
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 12 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Prepare cannaoil beforehand.
- Put your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20-second intervals for up to 1 minute.
- Take your melted chocolate out of the microwave and stir. Some chocolate chips may not be fully melted, but they should melt as you continue to stir. If they don't, place the bowl back in the microwave for 10-20 more seconds.
- Pour your cannaoil into the melted chocolate and stir.
- Once fully mixed, pour the mixture into the cupcake tin.
- Add mini marshmallows to the top.
- Carefully place your popsicle sticks into the center of each tin.
- Put the cupcake tin in the freezer for around 30-45 minutes, or until frozen.
- Take your cannabis-infused hot chocolate sticks from the tin.
- Enjoy frozen or warm up your favorite milk & stir the chocolate in.
Enjoy your cannabis-infused hot chocolate on a stick
You did it. You now have a delicious and fun treat you can whip up whenever you planning on having a cozy night in. Light the fireplace, grab a blanket, turn on your favorite holiday movie, and let yourself relax. After one cannabis-infused hot chocolate on a stick, the night will be yours.