Ahhh, the trusty wake and bake; it’s genuinely fantastic if it benefits your lifestyle or if you want to try something new.
Of course, the best way to wake and bake will differ from person to person, depending on what you want out of it. Here are some tips for waking and baking that can improve your experience.
Why does smoking weed hit harder in the morning?
Your body heals itself while you sleep. So anything foreign chemical that was swimming around in your blood 8 hours ago is mostly gone by now. And if it isn’t gone, it’s way less potent. So when you smoke right after you wake up, you’ll be getting a “healed” body. Think of it as a clean slate, like your body ate and completely digested the meal from yesterday.
Tips for waking a baking
Some say the best time to wake and bake is right after you open your eyes. However, if you’re thirsty or need to use the bathroom, go ahead and take that time to adjust from being in REM to being conscious. There’s no harm in waiting 10 or 15 minutes to start toking.
- Make sure you pick a strain that will enhance what you want out of your day. If you’re looking to do a morning hike, at-home yoga, or a brainstorming session, an energetic and euphoric sativa will be best for you. If you’re looking to chill hard on the couch or in bed for a good portion of your day, go with the calming indica.
- Drink some water before starting your wake and bake. Sleeping dehydrates you, and so to consuming cannabis. You don’t want the dehydration symptoms to creep up on you while you’re enjoying your blazing day. Have a glass or two of water before you start; you’ll be much more comfortable throughout the day.
- Eat. Nourish yourself. Arguably the most fun part of waking up and baking is tasting the food you make while you’re high. Cooking is a wonderfully creative outlet, so let your chef side shine and go with your heart. Pancakes and oatmeal? Sure.
- Have a loose plan for your day. You don’t have to adhere to a strict schedule, but if you already know what you want, you can revert to the plan if you get off track. Clear your schedule and let your mind tell you what it wants to do. Mute your family group chat. Trust us, just do it.
- Put some eye drops in if you plan to go out in public. It’s a good way to protect yourself from anyone giving you weird looks that make you uncomfortable or “too high to be at Target.” Plus, they feel good.
Waking and baking will add some spice to your average morning. If you haven’t done it before, make sure you have a rough outline of how you want to spend your day, and always be sure to start slow. You can always add a little more as you go. Everyone reacts differently to cannabis, so do what works best for your body. Happy wake and bake to you.