Recipes for Gluten-Free Edibles
It’s a great thing that more and more people are trying cannabis and discovering its medicinal and relaxing effects. Edibles are accessible and easy to enjoy ways to get a hit of cannabis without having to use with bongs or inhale weed smoke – a nice aspect for those with sensitive lungs. Plus, they taste great! What’s better than combining brownies and weed?
However, most weed edibles and their recipes are designed for people who can ingest gluten. For those with celiac disease or just sensitive stomachs, this is inconvenient and a little off-putting. After all, shouldn’t you be able to enjoy edibles made for gluten-free diets?
We certainly think so! The good news is that most top-tier edible recipes can easily be modified to fit a gluten-free diet. You get the same boost from cannabis in a tasty treat you can enjoy at the end of the day or over the weekend.
Let’s break down some of the best recipes for gluten-free edibles on the market.
Gluten-Free Weed Brownies Recipe
Mmm, brownies! Edible brownies are perhaps the most stereotypical example of pot-infused food, but we’re not about to reinvent the wheel here! Brownies are delicious and a perfect flavor profile to combine with the earthy taste that cannabis usually has.
This particular gluten-free brownie recipe tastes just as good as the gluten version, and the recipe is pretty easy to follow. Here it is!
- Start by getting some cannabis-infused coconut oil. You can also use cannabis-infused butter if you don’t want to make the brownies dairy-free as well.
- White sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- A few room temperature eggs. Two to three should do the trick
- Xanthan gum
- Gluten-free flour
- Some chocolate chips. Feel free to replace these with vegan or dairy-free chocolate chips depending on your preferences
- Start by creaming the cannabis-infused oil and sugar together in a bowl
- After thoroughly mixing those ingredients, add cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract and thoroughly mix the ingredients until they are well combined
- Now add the eggs. We’d recommend starting with two and adjusting things depending on how the mixture looks at the end of this step. Stir the mixture so that the total mix is completely smooth. It’s important that the eggs are room temperature so that they mix evenly with the rest of the brownie batter. If your eggs were refrigerated beforehand, just place them in some tap water at room temperature. They’ll warm up fairly quickly
- Add the gluten-free flour and the dairy-free chocolate chips (or any other chocolate chips depending on your preferences). The batter is totally done!
- Time to throw it in the oven. Pour the batter into an 8 x 8 pan. Line the pan with parchment paper beforehand OR grease it lightly with gluten-free cooking spray
- Be sure to spread the batter around the pan evenly so that the brownies cook evenly as well
- Throw the pan in a preheated oven at about 375° to 400°F depending on your oven
- It should take between 20 minutes and 30 minutes for the brownies to cook
- To test and see if the brownies are ready, poke a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the brownies are ready to eat
- We’d still recommend letting them cool before cutting them into several pieces
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cookies
Gluten-free dark chocolate cookies? Sign us up!
These delectable delights are mixed with sea salt and high-quality cannabis so they taste fantastic. In fact, they taste so good you won’t even notice that they don’t have gluten. Like with the last recipe, you can easily make these dairy-free by substituting applicable ingredients with dairy-free alternatives.
Now let’s get into the recipe!
- Get 4 cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ¼ of a cup regular butter
- ¼ of a cup of cannabis-infused butter. Both butter types need to be at room temperature
- ½ of a cup of coconut sugar
- ½ of a cup of brown sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Then get some coarse sea salt crystals for texture and more flavor
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper ahead of time
- Next, whisk the baking soda, fine sea salt, and almond flour together in a medium bowl
- Beat the sugars and butter together in another bowl using a hand mixer or an automatic, standing mixer
- Then beat the eggs into the mixture one by one. Then do the same with the vanilla and mix in the remainder of the dry ingredients plus the dark chocolate chips
- We’d recommend using a 2-ounce muffin scoop to portion the cookies out appropriately
- You should sprinkle the coarse sea salt crystals on top
- Throw the cookies into the oven and let them bake for between 12 and 14 minutes
- As before, use a toothpick to check for texture and to make sure the cookies are finished before removing them from the oven and letting them cool before serving
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cannabis Cake Muffins
It wouldn’t be a gluten-free recipe list without an option for chocolate cake! Granted, it’s not a full cake. Rather, it’s a cake-muffin hybrid that’s easy to share at a party with friends. This fantastic recipe is also particularly easy for beginners, so feel free to start here if you haven’t made gluten-free edibles before and want to succeed on your first try.
- Get 2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of gluten-free white flour
- ½ of a cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused butter. We’d recommend a salted variety
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- ½ of a cup of cocoa powder
- Another one half of a cup of cannabis-infused butter for the frosting
- 3 and ½ cups of icing sugar
- Start by adding some muffin liners to a baking tray (preferably one used to make muffins for your convenience)
- Then preheat your oven to 350°F
- Add the baking soda, white flour, and sugar to a large mixing bowl
- Put half of the above cannabis-infused butter into a saucepan with 1 cup of water and the cocoa powder
- Set the saucepan’s heat to medium and whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs, and buttermilk to the saucepan. Beat the resulting mixture for between two and five minutes or whisk it thoroughly
- Remove the saucepan from the burner. For all of the ingredients into the first bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix the resulting batter until it’s totally even
- Pour the cake mixture into the liners
- Bake the muffins for between 15 and 17 minutes. Remember to do the toothpick test!
- Add your icing cannabis butter plus the other ingredients not used to a mixing bowl and whisk everything together well
- Once your cake muffins are cooled, you can coat them in icing
Get your edible supplies delivered with Emjay
Making gluten-free edibles is one of the best ways to enjoy cannabis and be inclusive at the same time. Let us know if you want more ingredients or tips or if you need help getting high-quality cannabis and THC concentrate for your butter or other edible adventures. We make things easy by delivering the best cannabis in the LA area straight to your door without any hassle or limits on time. Contact us today.