How To Make Pot Brownies
Probably the most popular edible to date, the pot brownie is a favorite for a couple reasons. One, they’re freakin’ brownies; and two – it makes for an all-around, well-balanced high. You don’t have to be the winner of The Great British Bake Off to ace these cannabis brownies.
Now, let’s talk cannabutter.
What is cannabutter?
Cannabutter is by far the most tried and true ingredient in making edibles, period. Weed + Butter = Cannabutter. Since it’s so versatile and fairly easy to make – you’ll be off to the edible races in no time.
If you’re new to cannabutter, we suggest taking a look at our recipe here.
Pot brownies recipe
Let’s dive in.
What you’ll need:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cannabutter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease up an 8″x8″ metal baking pan (or something close to it)
- Grab a medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and then baking powder. We’ll call this the “dry” bowl.
- In a second medium-sized bowl, mix together the cannabutter, white sugar, and then brown sugar. We’ll call this the “wet” bowl.
- In the wet bowl, add the eggs and vanilla and mix together until the color of the mixture lightens a little bit.
- Add the dry bowl of ingredients into the wet bowl of ingredients and mix until everything is smooth.
- Once smooth, put the batter into your greased baking pan. Spread it out so it looks even.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Do the tried and true toothpick test. It doesn’t have to come out entirely clean, but just make sure that what comes out doesn’t have a batter consistency. If it does have a batter consistency, bake a little longer and toothpick test again.
- Once the brownies are done, it’s best to set them aside to let cool for 30 minutes.
Now that the sweet sweet brownies are done, there’s just one more step: go get high.
Just make sure to gauge how you’re feeling after taking one. Effects usually take about 45 minutes to an hour to set in. Remember to always listen to your body and understand how you’re reacting to the goodies before diving into a second.
Bon Appetit & enjoy the ride.
Need weed for cannabutter?
If you need any cannabis for making cannabutter (or if you wanted to make your own edibles but now you’re thinking it’d be so much easier to just buy them), head on over to our shop page. We’ve got you covered for any of your weed needs.