Probably the most popular edible to date, the pot brownie is a favorite for a couple reasons. One, they’re freakin’ brownies; and two – it makes for an all-around, well-balanced high. You don’t have to be the winner of The Great British Bake Off to ace these cannabis brownies.
Note: you’ll need cannabutter for cannabis brownies. Check out our cannabutter recipe here!
- 1 8x8 Metal Baking Pan
- 2 Medium Sized Bowls
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cannabutter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease up your 8x8 metal baking pan.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and then baking powder. We’ll call this the “dry” bowl.
- In a second medium-sized bowl, mix together the cannabutter, white sugar, and then brown sugar. We’ll call this the “wet” bowl.
- In the wet bowl, add the eggs and vanilla and mix together until the color of the mixture lightens a little bit.
- Add the dry bowl of ingredients into the wet bowl of ingredients and mix until everything is smooth.
- Once smooth, put the batter into your greased baking pan. Spread it out so it looks even.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After baking, use the tried and true toothpick test. It doesn’t have to come out entirely clean, but make sure it doesn’t have a batter consistency. If it does have a batter consistency, bake a little longer.
- Once the brownies are done, set them aside to let cool for 30 minutes.
One last step…
Now that the sweet sweet brownies are done, there’s just one more step: go get high.
Just make sure to gauge how you’re feeling after taking one. Effects usually take about 45 minutes to an hour to set in. Remember to always listen to your body and understand how you’re reacting to the goodies before diving into a second.
Bon Appetit & enjoy the ride.