How do you make kief cookies?
Kief cookie edibles are the best. They’re easy to make, get you super stoned, and they don’t have that strong weed-y flavor you may associate with edibles made from cannabis flower. In our recipe for kief cookies, there’s no need to even prepare cannabutter or another emulsion to activate the THC. The hardest part is just deciding what kind of cookie dough to make (or buy).
What is kief?
Oh, good ol’ kief. You can check out our detailed guide about kief here, but for the quick version: it’s the smelly green dust that’s been collecting in the bottom of your grinder, and it can get you super high. Some people smoke kief, but when you suddenly find yourself with a mountain of the dusty stuff, the best way to make use of it all is to make delicious edibles.
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Packaged or Homemade Cookie Dough
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the kief in an even, thin layer on top.
- Bake the kief for 30 minutes. Fair warning: your house is about to get STANKY, so keep the air freshener handy. Note: if you don't do this part the THC won't be activated and the cookies won't get you high.
- Once the kief is out of the oven, adjust the temperature according to your cookie recipe. Carefully use the parchment paper to make a funnel and pour the kief into a bowl.
- When done, put a new piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet.
- Take each cookie dough ball, and press your thumb into the center, forming a little thumbprint, but not a hole. Scoop some of the kief into each impression. The more you put in, the stronger your edibles will be. We recommend ⅛ teaspoon kief per cookie.
- Carefully reform the cookie dough ball so the kief center is covered and surrounded by dough and place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake your kief cookies according to the dough recipe’s instructions.
- Get baked by your kief cookies.
- When done, let the cookies cool on a rack, then serve. If you’re going to save some for later, please label your cookies carefully to avoid losing them to a roommate’s midnight fridge binge.
See? A simple and delicious edible, and all you had to do was sprinkle a little hot kief on some Pillsbury….hey, maybe that’s why the Dough Boy is always giggling?
If you’re in need of flower to begin collecting the magical dust we call kief, check out Emjay’s menu for some premium options.