How do you make cannabis-infused tea?
It’s about that time of year where we’re all hunkering down and enjoying the coziness of fall. Summer, we miss you dearly, but fall is here and we must welcome her. No, we’re not talking about pumpkin spice lattes and apple cinnamon confections, we’re talking about wonderfully cozy, body-buzzing cannabis tea.
With so many ways to ingest cannabis, it can be overwhelming to choose a preference. While cannabis tea might not be your go-to choice for every time you get high, we hope it will be one of your favorites.
There are a few ways you can make cannabis tea. For instance, if you already have your favorite cannabis oil or some pre-made THC-infused honey, all you have to do is choose the tea bag and add hot water. However, if you don’t have any pre-made goodies, there’s still hope.
What you’ll need:
- One gram of bud of your choice
- One tablespoon of butter
- 4 cups of water
- Loose leaf tea infuser OR tea bag of choice
- Honey (to taste)
- Grinder (or scissors)
- 1 medium-sized pot
Cannabis tea recipe:
- Use your grinder or scissors to grind up your weed. Make sure it’s ground pretty well and that there are no stems or seeds in the mix.
- Mix your ground-up bud with 1 tablespoon of butter. This process is extremely important and will make or break your high. When cannabis comes into contact with a fatty substance, it clings onto it and allows THC to release from the flower. Fat = greatest thing for edibles.
- Place the butter and cannabis mixture into your tea infuser. Or if you’re using a teabag, empty out the contents and replace it with the butter and cannabis mixture. Make sure you fold up or stable the teabag shut again so none of the mixture falls out of the bag.
- Put 4 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Put the tea infuser or tea bag into the boiling water and steep for around 30 minutes. Make sure to leave it on the lowest heat possible while you steep, we don’t want the water to boil.
- After 30 minutes of steeping, you may add another teabag of choice if you’re looking for a specific flavor. Either way, take it off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add honey. Add a little or a lot, this one’s all on you. Enjoy.
This recipe is a perfect way to start your fall. Remember to sip it slowly and allow 45 minutes to an hour for the buzz to take effect. And boy, the buzz will take effect. You’ll be feeling all sorts of cozy before you know it.
Need cannabis for the recipe? Check out our shop page!